Lafayette Instrument Company is an equal opportunity employer who values a diverse workforce. We promote a drug-free and safe workplace through pre-employment screening. Ideal candidates are highly motivated and creative self-starters with strong communication and project management skills. All candidates must have the ability and desire to thrive in a fast moving, multi-tasked, team environment.
We offer an extensive benefit package that includes, 401K, paid vacations and holidays, insurance, and more. Interested applicants may mail resumes to our Human Resources department c/o Sheryl Cohen, email the resume, or fax: (765) 423-4111.
RECENTLY OPENED POSITIONS
Life Sciences Sales/Marketing Associate
Contact Name: Sheryl Cohen
Position: Full Time
Salary: Depends on Education and/or Experience
To apply: Email cover letter and resume to: email@example.com
Individual must be able to pass a drug screen and submit two documents for proof of legal employment authorization and identity for the United States.
Lafayette Instrument Company seeks an individual for the position of Software Engineer. Lafayette Instrument Company is a product innovation company that designs, develops and manufactures instrumentation for the investigation, study and assessment of biological and behavioral processes. These products have been sold worldwide to universities, physicians, law enforcement agencies, governments, private practitioners, and corporations. LIC Software Engineers are responsible for researching, designing, developing, and testing computer software applications in collaboration with the hardware product development team.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science from a four-year college or university or two to five years of related experience and/or training.
- Will also consider 4 year degrees in Electrical Engineering or Electrical Engineering Technology with strong software development emphasis or related experience.
- Strong training or experience in C# development using Visual Studio.
- Experience in developing and distributing computer software applications.
- Experience or familiarity with test-driven development in a C# environment using NUnit.
- Strong knowledge of object-oriented languages and object-oriented design techniques.
- Ability to design and develop creative user interfaces that are both functional and aesthetic.
- Ability to develop and implement functional program logic within a software program.
- Demonstrated organizational skills in time and project management.
- Language experience in C#, C++, Objective-C, and VB/VB.NET.
- Working knowledge of a version control system (Git preferred).
- Experience designing and/or implementing communication protocols.
- Experience with InnoSetup or other installer tools to create installer packages.
- Experience developing Android or iPhone apps.
- Experience developing database applications using Microsoft SQL Server.
- Experience with iterative development methodologies
- Knowledge or experience with electronic hardware is helpful but not required.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Analyzes software requirements to determine feasibility of design within time and cost constraints.
- Consults with hardware engineers and other engineering staff to evaluate interface between hardware and software and operational and performance requirements of the overall system.
- Formulates and designs software applications using scientific analysis and mathematical models to predict and measure outcomes and consequences of design.
- Develops and directs software system testing procedures, programming, and documentation.
- Supports existing products through error analysis, correction and re-deployment.
- Consults with customers concerning maintenance or design of software systems.
- Coordinates installation of software systems.
LIFE SCIENCES SALES/MARKETING ASSOCIATE
Contact Name: Sheryl Cohen
BS or higher in Bio Medical Engineering or Science in the areas of Psychology, Physiology, Exercise Science, Motor Behavior; or Equivalent experience.
The ideal candidate will have an understanding and knowledge of one or more of the following fields of expertise:
- Understand how and what equipment is selected for research in animal behavior, physiological recording and motor learning laboratories.
- An understanding or knowledge of current trends in behavioral pharmacology, electrophysiology, and neuroscience.
- Knowledge of physiology, motor behavior and psychology as they relate to the use of instrumentation in education and research.
- An understanding of the how instrumentation are selected for laboratory and in class instruction at the undergraduate and graduate levels.
- An understanding of how motor learning and human performance interact with psychology and other related fields.
The person selected for this position will use their knowledge of these or other related fields to:
- Use sales leads to call prospective purchasers of life science products.
- Use product features and benefits to sell life science products to prospective customers.
- Use the sales contact database to identify and contact potential buying prospects.
- Use available product information to achieve monthly, quarterly and yearly sales objectives.
- Use professional sales techniques to identify customer needs that can be satisfied by the purchase of life science products.
- Respond to customer requests for information about life science products and maintain communication until a purchasing decision has been made.
- Attend scientific meetings in the related fields to introduce life science products to prospective buyers.
- Visit prospective customers to install and demonstrate the use and performance of life science products.
- Assist and train customers in the use of life science products.
- Work with sales management, engineering and manufacturing to identify new life science product opportunities and develop product improvement strategies for current products.
- Work with sales management to develop a coordinated promotional strategy to help achieve the sales objectives for the life science product line.
- Work with existing customers to identify new product opportunities and new markets for existing products.
- Goal oriented
- Willing to take the initiative in implementing ideas and developing new concepts
- Highly motivated to achieve sales results
- Must be a team player and work well with others within a team concept.
- Must have excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- Must possess a desire to learn and be willing to ask questions.
- Must be well organized and capable of prioritizing handling multiple tasks and demands.
- Must be willing to travel (15% - 25%).
- Must be open to new ideas and willing to listen to the suggestions and advice of others.
PRODUCT LINE COMPOSITION
The current product line is composed of the following product components:
- Operant, traditional & touch screen cages
- Activity, locomotion, systems
- Computerized monitoring and control of animal environments
- Mazes, spatial awareness, and video tracking
- Timing devices, reaction, movement & anticipation
- Strength measurement devices
- Manual dexterity products
- Gross and fine skill testing devices
- Computerized physiological recording and data acquisition for electrophysiology (human and animal)
- Biofeedback systems