Lafayette Instrument Company is an equal opportunity employer who values a diverse workforce. We promote a drug-free and safe workplace through pre-employment screening. Ideal candidates are highly motivated and creative self-starters with strong communication and project management skills. All candidates must have the ability and desire to thrive in a fast moving, multi-tasked, team environment.
We offer an extensive benefit package that includes, 401K, paid vacations and holidays, insurance, and more. Interested applicants may mail resumes to our Human Resources department c/o Sheryl Cohen, email the resume, or fax: (765) 423-4111.
RECENTLY OPENED POSITIONS
Life Sciences Sales/Marketing Associate
LIFE SCIENCES SALES/MARKETING ASSOCIATE
Contact Name: Sheryl Cohen
BS or higher in Bio Medical Engineering or Science in the areas of Psychology, Physiology, Exercise Science, Motor Behavior; or Equivalent experience.
The ideal candidate will have an understanding and knowledge of one or more of the following fields of expertise:
- Understand how and what equipment is selected for research in animal behavior, physiological recording and motor learning laboratories.
- An understanding or knowledge of current trends in behavioral pharmacology, electrophysiology, and neuroscience.
- Knowledge of physiology, motor behavior and psychology as they relate to the use of instrumentation in education and research.
- An understanding of the how instrumentation are selected for laboratory and in class instruction at the undergraduate and graduate levels.
- An understanding of how motor learning and human performance interact with psychology and other related fields.
The person selected for this position will use their knowledge of these or other related fields to:
- Use sales leads to call prospective purchasers of life science products.
- Use product features and benefits to sell life science products to prospective customers.
- Use the sales contact database to identify and contact potential buying prospects.
- Use available product information to achieve monthly, quarterly and yearly sales objectives.
- Use professional sales techniques to identify customer needs that can be satisfied by the purchase of life science products.
- Respond to customer requests for information about life science products and maintain communication until a purchasing decision has been made.
- Attend scientific meetings in the related fields to introduce life science products to prospective buyers.
- Visit prospective customers to install and demonstrate the use and performance of life science products.
- Assist and train customers in the use of life science products.
- Work with sales management, engineering and manufacturing to identify new life science product opportunities and develop product improvement strategies for current products.
- Work with sales management to develop a coordinated promotional strategy to help achieve the sales objectives for the life science product line.
- Work with existing customers to identify new product opportunities and new markets for existing products.
- Goal oriented
- Willing to take the initiative in implementing ideas and developing new concepts
- Highly motivated to achieve sales results
- Must be a team player and work well with others within a team concept.
- Must have excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- Must possess a desire to learn and be willing to ask questions.
- Must be well organized and capable of prioritizing handling multiple tasks and demands.
- Must be willing to travel (15% - 25%).
- Must be open to new ideas and willing to listen to the suggestions and advice of others.
PRODUCT LINE COMPOSITION
The current product line is composed of the following product components:
- Operant, traditional & touch screen cages
- Activity, locomotion, systems
- Computerized monitoring and control of animal environments
- Mazes, spatial awareness, and video tracking
- Timing devices, reaction, movement & anticipation
- Strength measurement devices
- Manual dexterity products
- Gross and fine skill testing devices
- Computerized physiological recording and data acquisition for electrophysiology (human and animal)
- Biofeedback systems