FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
There's a chance that someone has already asked the question you have in mind, and that someone's answered it. Before you submit a question, please search for it first. General search is located below along with links to Submit Questions and Track Your Question Status.
Cannot find Data Acquisition Subsystem (DAS).
The computer not finding the DAS unit can be caused by several factors.
LX3000 DAS Unit:
Make sure the cables are connected tightly check your batteries (4 AA?) Check your com ports - especially if this is the first time using the DAS or you have just reinstalled the software. If you are unsure how to check the com ports give us a call. If you have just installed the synch software for a Palm PDA you must disable that software to connect with the DAS unit.
LX4000 DAS Unit:
- Right Click on "My Computer" and select the "properties menu'. My Computer will be located on the desktop or in the Start menu.
- Left Click on the "Hardware" Tab.
- Click on the "Device Manager" Button.
- Click on the "Universal Serial Bus controllers" so a minus sign arrears on the left hand side. Find the item "USB High Speed Serial Converter" or "LX4000 Computer Polygraph."
- Right-Click on the item found above and select "Update Driver."
- Select the second item in the list: "Install from a list or specific location (Advanced)."
- Click on the box next to "Include this location in the search." Then click on the "Browse" button and find the driver located on the LX Software CD-ROM. The driver is located at "CD DRIVE\program files\Lafayette Instrument\LXSoftware\Driver."
- Click the "Next >" button.
- A search will begin to find the driver.
- If this dialog appears, click on the "< Back" button and continue with Step 11. Otherwise skip to Step 13.
- A new item will appear on the search dialog. Select the "Don't search, I will choose the driver to install" and click the "Next >" button.
- If the "LX4000 Computer Polygraph" appears in the list, click the "Next >" button. Otherwise click on the "Have Disk" button and find the driver located at "CD DRIVE\program files\Lafayette Instrument\LXSoftware\Driver\ftdi2xx.inf."
- Click "Continue Anyway."
- Add Hardware Wizard begins.
- Click the "Finish" button.
- Unplug the DAS from the computer. Wait 5 seconds and plug the DAS back into the computer.
- Start the LXSoftware.
Note: If you have a computer with hyperthreading, you may need to update the driver for the LX4000 Computer Polygraph, please contact email@example.com for more information.
This Article has been viewed 1948 times
Question Last Updated on: 5/21/2013
Unable find an answer to the question that you looking for in our FAQ section? Submit your question directly to our customer service representatives.
Click here to view the status of and reply to the questions you have submitted.