FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
There's a chance that someone has already asked the question you have in mind, and that someone's answered it. Before you submit a question, please search for it first. General search is located below along with links to Submit Questions and Track Your Question Status.
How do I disable Hyper Threading?
The following steps can be taken to disable hyper threading on most computers. If this does not seem to work for you particular computer, please contact the manufacturer.
- Reboot your computer and tap the "F2" key until the system BIOS are displayed.
- Press the right arrow key until the "Advanced" category is highlighted.
- Press the down arrow key until "Hyper Threading Technology" is highlighted.
- Press the enter key, then use the up/down arrow to select "Disabled", then press enter again.
- Press the "F10" key to save and exit the BIOS.
- Select "Yes" if prompted to save the configuration.
- Your computer will restart and hyper threading will now be disabled.
This Article has been viewed 4754 times
Question Last Updated on: 6/17/2008
Unable find an answer to the question that you looking for in our FAQ section? Submit your question directly to our customer service representatives.
Click here to view the status of and reply to the questions you have submitted.